ABOUT THE AMAZING RAISE 5K AT THE BOULDERS
On Tuesday, September 16, 2014, Brandywine Realty Trust and the Lingerfelt Companies once again will host The Amazing Raise 5k at the Boulders, a run/walk that winds through the beautifully landscaped roads and serene trails of the Boulders Office Park. The event is a true celebration of our community as it kicks off GiveRichmond’s 4th Annual Amazing Raise Giving Challenge, a 36-hour online giving event that has raised more than $3.3 million for local charities over the past three years. The race creates an opportunity for both individuals and teams to not only run for fun and personal wellness, but also campaign for their favorite nonprofit organizations and encourage philanthropy among their peers.
Sponsorships from local businesses will fund grant prizes that will allow runners an opportunity to compete on behalf of their favorite charities. There are both individual and team prizes available. Winners will designate an Amazing Raise charity to receive their prize of up to $1,000. See Celebration for prize details and a list of eligible charities.
Online registration is now closed; however, individuals may register in person at packet pickup.
Packet Pickup and Walk-Up Registration (Ortho Virginia, 1115 Boulders Parkway):
11:00 am – 2:00 pm/4:00 pm - 6:00 pm, Monday, September 15
11:00 am – 2:00 pm, Tuesday, September 16
3:30 pm - 5:15 pm, Tuesday, September 16 (this shift only at Boulders IV, 7501 Boulders View Drive)
Race Day, Tuesday, September 16 (Boulders Office Park, 7501 Boulders View Drive):
5:30 pm – Food and beer trucks available
6:00 pm – Start Time
7:00 pm – The Janitors (band) take the stage
7:30 pm – Announcement of Prizes
8:30 pm – Close
WHAT WILL YOU RECEIVE WITH REGISTRATION?
• Same day e-mail confirmation
• Your packet will include an Amazing Raise 5K at the Boulders t-shirt and bib, as well as a free drink ticket to be redeemed among post-race celebration vendors.
• Water will be available at the finish line.
• Runners will have an opportunity to view results online post-race HERE.
• Runners, as well as their friends and families, are encouraged to attend the post-race celebration at the Boulders. Festivities will include local food and beer trucks, live music and the announcement of prizes.
Race parking will be available in marked areas in the large parking area adjacent to and surrounding Boulders IV (7501 Boulders View Drive). All registered runners and guests are strongly encouraged to arrive no later than 5:30 pm to ensure an on-time start.
If the primary lot is full or if you arrive later than 5:30 pm, please park in the overflow lot across the street at OrthoVirginia and Boulders V (1115 Boulders Parkway).
• Entry fees are non-refundable.
• Race numbers/entries cannot be transferred to another person.
• The following items are not allowed on the course to ensure the safety of all participants: hand cycles, strollers/joggers, in-line skates, skateboards, bicycles or animals.